Pages

Saturday 9 January 2016

Drama at workplace

I am doing sales (seeing customers and closing sales) hybrid marketing (marketing plan and product management) and my pay is parked under the marketing payroll, not sales payroll. With hard work and crazy drama moments, me and my team mates managed to perform extraordinary well in 2015 and we are entitled for pretty handsome incentive. The annoying part is my manager whom I felt she- quoting a very vocal cardiologist from a private institute- dunno doing what, sit in the office to warm the chair, is claiming 20% cut from my incentive. This sort of incentive only happens at the end of every year, this is the second year I am working with the company and I felt I should speak up if there are things I do not feel comfortable. Eventually she gave reasons like WE FOLLOW SYSTEM despite I stated that sales is our effort, while she is marketing. I can only say people who has VERY thick skin afford to say such lame reasons.

Before this I actually sought opinion from another business manager- should I speak out? or should I keep quiet and let her take the cut since she is my boss and she will be doing all the appraisal and shit. Angel said if I am not comfortable with the arrangement, I should speak out, there is no point follow when the company has those staff satisfaction survey shit. Housing lady said whoever took that cut has amazing money-gut.

I am disappointed with my boss. I am truly. No matter what happen, I learned. I learned to never treat my staff in that manner in the future. I will recognize effort. I will fight for my staffs too. If you don't like me, I will go work for other places that recognize my contribution. Wah sei mang zhang ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment