Pages

Friday 21 August 2015

Dream vs reality vs intelligence

I was attending this anticoagulation workshop in IJN today. Big guns of the health care industry were speaking on the stage. You sensed some ego but majority were pretty humble. These people are paid to save people's life, some do it because they wanna get a better life with $, I was there to dig info on how to grow a product.

Anyhow, I wonder if I were to study medicine or pharmacist, how would it be? Perhaps I would end up like the rest of the average physicians or pharmacists, just follow. (Oh apparently certain drugs are not given because of lack confidence and fear, so the patient end up exposed to risk and possible future adverse effect.) I was pretty good in biology but I sucks in physics somehow. I could have a dull brain. But I always see myself as a creative person. whatever la.

Back into my case, I have been given a task at work to develop the market for a product, which I don't see much of growth. First thing first I was upset with no promotion given as what I do didn't align with my boss's direction even though I have brought in about 5-6 new accounts throughout the 1.5 year of my position. WHAT? Second, new drugs are coming in and developing a market for a test for an old drug seems like a bullshit case. There will be market, but it will shrink and may be in 5 years time.

Should I pursue this task? If I do, this would potentially make my port folio VERY BEAUTIFUL because the regional guy is also struggling with the product. (I confronted my boss with this and she asked me to JUST DO IT. Welcome to corporate world yah~) I forbid myself from scaring people with (what I think) bias opinions, which usually marketing people would do.

Should I start planning to change to technical jobs. If I am good with it, I am the king. But if I am half half, there is nothing awesome about it.

I felt that I am at the edge of quitting the job, I am pressured with the unknown consequences of the task- I DO NOT WANT TO END UP WITH ZERO POSITIVE OUTCOME, but I am also excited with the project- I am pushing a product to consumerization, which has been done in places like UK, Australia, New Zealand and the USA. It won't be easy.

Oh well. I malas to think. Go break first.

No comments:

Post a Comment