Pages

Saturday 23 July 2011

Are we that normal after all?


High tea time at 4pm!!! (Actually it's not that high after all-because we only had breads with peanut butter and Pong Pia-something u don't call it biscuit or kuih)

In the mean time, me and my mom were chatting over things that have taken place lately, like who has "accidentally" stolen (I know this is awesomely weird! Haha) some neighbor’s Lim-Kim (Buah Nona in Malay I guess), who was already dead, the neighbor’s son who went to work even though PMR is just another month to go, the simple-minded uncle who has been addicted to gambling and blah blah blah~

Today, we recounted the major issues in every Chinese family in the neighborhood. (Actually there is not much of Chinese families around, only 6 niah~) Here is a summary of the major issues

(Oh I know I am effing kepo~)

Family 1: The adopted daughter was suspected to be doing something funny for a living because she only returns home a few time each year, with a so-called boyfriend.

Family 2: The husband has kicked one son out of the family tree because he has married an Indo girl and got converted to Islam (and eventually became an Ustaz! Wow, salute salute!); the wife is all about dept! Nombor Ekor! and making otak-otak in the wee hour; the daughter has been unfortunately become others 3rd party (I think I understand her naive mind...) and there was a six-country-scene (六国大封相 in Cantonese- meaning a huge scene!!!); the other son has dept issues as well (credit card!!!).

Family 3: The husband has chosen to live a less-stress life by working as a guard after midnight; the wife is pretty kepo- too much willing to help others but left her kids around by their own; 2 sons are not really focusing on their studies; thank God that the daughter is quite diligent (though she shouted at home sometimes~)

Family 4: The husband was dead; the wife is a chronic kuat nombor ekor woman (heard that she spent a total like RM50 betting on TOTO, Magnum, 4D or whatever lah); the son is working at a restaurant but have not been doing much planning for his future, addicted to DoTA; another son is unfortunately mentally retarded (heard that he was a normal kid before a heavy fever ~)

Family 5: Well, this one is an exception lah! The old grandma is quite okay. All her sons and daughters have already had their own families. She has all the money to support Magmum and TOTO. LOL~

Now that I have added my sin by narrating all their family issues, it is time for my family pulak.
 
Apart from my idiot father- who has been listening to the daily news more than 6 times a day while falling half asleep WTF!!!- there are my eldest brother, who is doing everything for his fat wife (he was a literally a prince in the house before he got married half a year ago), my second elder brother pulak is in the middle of carrier building period (he always disapproves me, don’t know why?) while singing off with his most horrible voice at home in front of the radio, the wonder-woman mom who is working herself out like a machine and… JENG JENG JENG! the youngest son who is writing this post in a standing position after dinner.

My family may seems like free from any major mom-crying-off-the-street problem to others lah, but I don't really feel like that because I knew that there is something not normal with the youngest son in the family.

I did not really lie about my sexuality nor did I come out any one in the family. But sometimes I felt bad towards my mom (I am a mommi's son :-) Hehe!)

Mommi is a pretty conservative woman who has not known many things, and thus may not be that opened to certain new ideology. She never went to college and she gave birth to her first son at the age of 22. But something for sure, she is a good mom :-)
 
Though she is a bit worried of my bizarre mad designer behavior (hair coloring and nail painting), she is pretty proud of me because I excelled in school, I can settle the house ware problem, and I won the F&N contest thingy last time (this matter left her thinking that I can win whatever kinda contest~ Sigh~ Including Piala Seri Endon- which I did not even make it on the very first round!).

Dear mom, I wanna tell you so much that your youngest son may not be as good as you think! He is not as normal as the other male in the neighborhood! You won’t be getting cute little grandkids from him zooming around the house like Family 5! Instead of a female family member add-on, you will still get another son (which is my future hubby lah!)
Mom! I am GAY! 
But it’s neither your fault nor anyone’s. I am living a pretty interesting life than anyone else. I am proud to be gay and I never regretted it! I just hope you will be opened enough to accept me and not blame anyone especially yourself, who gave birth to me. 

And are we that normal after all? Is that important at all?! Haha, to me, as long as I have the people around me, supporting me and accepting the person I am. Who cares about being normal or abnormal!

 Yeah, please define normal!

And everyone has his/her own sets of problems if one is living in this world-quite fair and square lah~ It is just up to how each individual looks at them: whether they are stones to bring us down, or stones for us to step onto another level of life! Cheers people!

2 comments:

  1. what an entertaining post!!!! life is not fair and square la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Haha~ Yeah lah~ Hence, we need to make life fair and square ;-)

    ReplyDelete