Pages

Saturday 21 May 2011

LOVE & HATE


LOVE is a topic I just come to scrutinize and dissect after my previous relationship. It felt like I am already there (understanding it), but there's still something missing. I still have not fully comprehended its intangible anatomy. (I think I am still very much at the ideal stage, not much of reality.)

I was watching NTV7 with my half-asleep father in the living room and I came across a news report regarding an old mother with her 28 years old son who lives with Down's syndrome. It was jaw-dropping to hear her story on how she brought up her youngest son since the day he was born. Knowing the fact that life is short and unexpected, she was worried about her son’s life in case she is no longer around. At the end of the footage, she asked her son to kiss her and there were tears... 

She could have left him at the orphanage 20+ years ago or she could have not bothered much; so as to live a life with fewer burdens or perhaps got married again with a rich guy?! (She became a widow when her youngest son was around 2 years old.) Why she chose to stay back at the wooden house taking care of an adult who has little difference compared to a 5 years old kid?

HATE, some said it is the other side of love. Let’s just take May 13 as an example. Why did one group of people come and attack another group of people? Did everyone in the former group insult everyone in the latter group personally? Or did everyone from the latter group offend everyone in the former group personally? It was just crazy! We are not talking about mere argue; it was something huge that involves wound and blood!

I have been talking a pretty long time to write this and now I am kinda lost. What I wanna highlight here is that LOVE can be so blind, as well as HATE. It seems that emotions are based on how we label a certain matter. 

In the LOVE example, she sees him as her son- not much of a person with mental defect. When he broke a pot or go empty-minded, she will probably find excuses for him. Where else in the HATE example, a group of people viewed another group of people as enemies- not much of similar human beings who just wanted a peaceful living. Hurting someone physically involved a mind which has been plagued by so much of hatred and grudge. 

So when u look at your boyfriend or girlfriend, who do you see? A sex toy? An ear to listen to your lousy rant? A living mannequin to kill time? A person whom u admire? A person that makes life worth living for together?

Foo~ I have got a mom to entertain and myself to empower! Felt tired pulak all of a sudden L

No comments:

Post a Comment