Pages

Thursday 21 April 2011

I will stay, how about you?

You said that you have no interest or what so ever to contribute to this fucked up country.
You said you have not wished to cast your vote or even register to become a voter.
You said that you will just pack and leave the country for good if you can no longer bear the havoc.

You are living in a huge cozy house a few times bigger than mine;
when there are some people who are living in constant fear with bullet zooming here and there.
You are granted citizenship;
when there are kids who are not allowed to sit for UPSR just because they don't have a piece of effing birth cert.
You are living in a life where money never seems to be a problem;
when there are people leaving their family behind to earn a living in a foreign country.

Like it or not, somehow you have benefited from this country. This very country has given you pretty lot in case you have not realized it.

Yes, this is a fucked up country run by fucked up people. But what if... what if one day, these people realized their mistakes and come to you asking for a second chance. They asked for another chance to repent; another chance to repair; another chance to make thing better...

Will you still re-consider to stay back? Will you support them? Will you help them to run the country for a better future? Or will you just ignore and walk away?

Well, I have decided to stay back and make some changes. I still believe there are chances and hopes!

I refused to stand there doing nothing! I will try my best to strive for a better change! I may have no discover the right path yet, but I will keep on walking until I have found it. If I never tried, I will never know what would be the outcome; and I am afraid I will regret it for the rest of my life.

Since the time we knew each other from the beginning, I came to notice that you are someone who will run away from problem; instead of staying back and trying to mend things.

I believe the country will be more than happy to have you around. Yet, the country will respect your decision and wish you all the best :-)

May we still see each other in future.
I will be missing you~
Bon voyage~

2 comments: