Pages

Friday 4 March 2016

Money matter. Baby. Hospital.

Today is Friday and somehow I felt rather burnt out. People asked me why I said perhaps it came from me. First the travelling thing and then perhaps the frustration from updating sales data with incomplete data at the eleventh minute; I always like to do these kinda data punching thing last minute. I asked myself now and then, should I be less perfectionist at moments of limited timing? Only to realize that I spent half of the time dwelling on this matter.

Following on, I had quick lunch alone, later on joined by a young mother/ a colleague of mine. I asked her about the labour process and get taken away by the vagina-snipping and vagina-stitching stories. Not her though, she had a pretty quick labour, which took about 1.5 hours. She is ready for the second, or the third, to bet for a baby girl. She said a daughter would probably provide her with the joy of having more feminine element in her later life, the shopping, the make-ups, girly girly things. I am not sure if she has considered the possibility of a daughter that resembled something like Lorelai Girlmore. But I am sure she won’t be something like Emily Gilmore. Ahh I just thought of good destress activities tonight, rather than the initial plan of smoking in gay club.

(I wanna write longer but I guess it would be boring so I cut short la…there I am in a premium hospital’s NICU, where I am required to demonstrate the device, or simply, the easy channel of helping the lab to market their test (eh fucker you woman!) to the paediatric.)

In the NICU I get the rare chance of looking at pre-mature (there is a better word for this, something preante-something something.) and new borns. Tiny and sleepy are the words I would use on them. The funny things about new borns are they can cry and then shut up within that 1-2 minute. Young parents would have freaked up with these events if not informed earlier. I stared at the new lives. Probably the young lady nurses would be thinking, this guy gila izzit? I can’t differentiate if they are male or female, they all looked like potential tiny Songkran clubbers with diapers. They could be gay, lesbians, or paranoid transgender. (Talking about paranoid transgender, I have some stories to tell, that would be in the next post, if I still have the mood la, really cibai people I tell u, oh wait, I should not generalize, THAT particular paranoid transgender couple.) Apparently new borns are easier to take care before the can aspire to infant stunt babies. Haha!

Anyhow, I was in the NICU for 3 hours, I met this paediatric lady doctor who came back from UK, practicing in Malaysia for 2 years already. She wanna know the cost of the test, by a common sense due to business confidential, doctors are not supposed to know the cost of the test. Her experience, many people gone into hospital without realizing the cost of the treatment and everything. (sien to write d…)

In short, she said health care should be made available to everyone, just like in the UK, where doctors felt more dignified rather than posing the first question: are you covered by insurance? If cost is not a problem, the health care professional can use the best affordable health care system to put the patient at best of care. This is an ideal situation. We are probably gonna end up like the US instead where 60% of people cannot afford health care, she mentioned that.

After the lazy work out, I shared this to my friend. He said this is a realistic world, the doctor probably just came out with such naïve thought. I told him, if it is possible, I would wanna live in that ideal world where health care is made possible for everyone, it felt like putting morals and good deed with a price tag. Close to home, I do not think any of us little citizen can do anything significant. The least we can do is to get everyone to feel the pain, while get prepared to save your own ass.


Yes we live in a realistic world. People don’t seem to care, but you know what, I am not gonna stop believing it any sooner. I, will still uphold the ideal world whenever I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment